there are some days when washing your hair is asking too much. when hitting snooze on your alarm clock is more appealing then having to blowdry and curl your hair. my go-to hairstyle when i’m feeling lazy is the top knot. it’s incredibly simple and (surprisingly) it’s in style and being spotted all over the runway. perfectionists beware: this is no ballerina bun.
1. pull all of your hair into a high ponytail. it doesn’t have to be perfect and (depending on how dirty your hair is) you may need some dry shampoo.
2. tease the hair closest to the elastic.
3. grab the end of your ponytail and give it a few twists, then wrap it around the teased section of your hair.
4. grab a couple of bobbypins. pin the end of your ponytail down. then, use a few more to pin sections of your hair down where you want it. remember: messy is good.
5. grab the hairspray and go nuts.
this hairstyle is perfect for a day at the beach, at work, or lazy sewing and craft projects at home. you can add some personal flair with a cute headband, clip a bow underneath, or some feathers.
some days, it’s fun to have a cute outfit and perfectly styled hair. other days, a large sweater and a top knot are just what the doctor ordered.